Friday, February 15, 2008

Thing 2

Feb. 15, 2008

I watched the video and read the article about Web 2.0 and found both items very informative. I knew nothing about Web 2.0, so in just this one assignment I feel I have made huge leaps in my awareness and knowledge of Web 2.0.

I really like the interview and agreed with many of the points. The statement about getting people back into libraries because libraries that have 2.0 technology are relevent to peoples everyday lives was particularly poignent. It makes sense that if a patron is used to using the newest technology available, they would be discouraged by outdated technoloy offered at their local library and look elsewhere to find what they want. I also agree that since society seems to be going in a 2.0 direction, libraries need to go there also to remain important to society.

I feel behind the times when it comes to 2.0 knowledge so I am looking forward to the rest of the 23 Things!

No comments: