Friday, June 13, 2014

Thing 4

Keeping up - whoa.  I chose to go with Zite.  I chose my topics and was immediately inundated with a flood of articles.  The topics are what I picked, but I wish they were grouped according to topic.  When I thumbed through my results, I had pop culture and heavy news stories piled on top of one another.  I guess I prefer having my topics in a neat and orderly order.  I can see where something like this would be good for someone who does a lot of travel and doesn't want to buy every magazine or newspaper to get their news, but for me this feels a little  cumbersome.  I would recommend this app for patrons that need constant input.


Also, I loaded the RedLaser app on my ipod.  It was interesting when I scanned an item I had purchased and it showed me the full price of the item.  I had made my purchase based on the fact that the item was on sale.  I was hoping that this app would show sale prices as well, it would make it much easier to do comparison shopping.  A little disappointed that it isn't exactly what I was hoping for.  This would be interesting to include on a program about apps or couponing/frugal shopping - even though it doesn't seem to recognize sale prices.

No comments: